My experiences as a wife, mother, single parent and grandmother, have been interesting and challenging! I have learned to read between the crooked lines of my life and this has made me more aware of my gifts and strengths: humour, enthusiasm, spontaneity and genuine interest in people I work with.
Being able to relate through my own scars and wounds has allowed me to heal and grow, and give me the grace and desire to create a respectful space for others. The benefits to my clients, who feel uncertain or lost in their fear, pain and shame of past traumas has been evident in the success of my practice.
I would like to quote author, Anais Nin,
“We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.”
- Board Member, Anxiety Disorder Association of Ontario
- Board Member, Anxiety Disorder Association of Canada
- Board of Trustee, Retreats International
- Board Director, Galilee Retreat & Conference Centre
- Secretary, Employee Assistance Program Association of Ottawa-Carleton
- Volunteer for ‘Summer Camp for Children’ in the Dominican Republic
- Volunteer Speaker at Serenity Renewal for Families & Salvation Army
- 12 Step Work in the Ottawa Carleton Prison System